Actress Daisy Fuentes attends the 23rd Annual Time for Heroes Celebrity Picnic to benefit the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation at Wadsworth Theater on June 3, 2012 in Los Angeles, California.
May 22, 2012, Los Angeles, CA – On Sunday, June 3, 2012, the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation will host its 23rd Annual “A Time for Heroes” event in Los Angeles, CA. This one-of-a-kind picnic brings together families, celebrities, corporate partners, and other supporters – all to raise awareness and funds for the Foundation’s efforts to end HIV/AIDS in children around the world.
More than 1,000 Angelenos will join some of Hollywood’s hottest stars playing old-fashioned carnival games, getting creative with arts and crafts, dancing to great music, and enjoying unbelievable food from LA’s best eateries.
“A Time for Heroes” has raised more than $33 million since 1989 to fund pediatric HIV/AIDS research and the Foundation’s international medical programs to prevent new HIV infections in babies and to keep HIV-positive mothers and children healthy with lifesaving treatment.
Date: Sunday, June 3, 2012, Time: 12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., (press check-in for red carpet at 11:00 a.m.)
Place: Wadsworth Theatre Grounds, San Vicente and Wilshire Blvds, Los Angeles
Highlights of the event will include:
- Enjoy a musical performance by Ingrid Michaelson
- Visit the Disney play area for crafts, games, and fun
- Make a Mother’s Fight Your Fight at the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation Art Wall
- Tap into your creativity at the ONE and (RED) (2015) QUILT booth and design a digital quilt panel that represents your commitment to an AIDS-Free Generation by 2015
- Help to create a culture of Honesty, Beauty, and Fun at The Honest Company activity area
About the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF):
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 15 countries to implement prevention, care, and treatment; to further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, visit www.pedaids.org.